martes, 6 de octubre de 2020

Idum-77

I’ve been relatively at ease for quite a long time. I used to believe I had an inspiring life, a not so unresentful seething in my guts and quite a few magnificent deals of my own. I wasn’t an inconsequential essence in the macro-dancing scope of existence. 

Until he arrived. 

He bursted in my days as an improbable occurrence, staring not unsurprisingly at every single inch of myself with incredulous eyes. His gaze was not ambiguous, nor innocent or childish. It was clear for me that he wanted to explore my wavy and ridgy shapes in a gingerly way, Sometimes he contrastingly seemed a whimsical little boy, smiling while touching and taking what he thought might be of his personal interest. 

He never realized I was watching him. Closely.

Having him sneakily toddling up and around, I tried to return to some of my projects without focusing on him. He could be so distracting sometimes! Whenever I got immersed in my things, I recovered the perception of birds flying higher, storms changing the perspective and grass turning purple almost everywhere. Yes, that was me experiencing the joy of my easy-going and self-challenging life.

So, please tell me, how could he equalize such a sensation? 

But...there it was. The unquiet sense that bristled my skin the day he decided to pose his gloved hand smoothly on my not rounded place. That same place I would have liked to show to someone who had dared to appreciate it. He tickled my fertile flatty-surface, making me rattle like a new steam train on a narrow gauge. As he sped up, he was not fearful in advancing and trekking silently and thoughtfully upon my hills and valley. Oh Heavens, he hardly was a thunderbolt but he could leave the same impression of a cheetah in my submissive registers. 

I didn’t venture to make him realize how insignificant -yet not unnoticed- his humanity had become for me by that time. Without any expectations, however, after a while of getting used to having him at my sight, his presence began to make my day brighter (who would say it…?).

He was not unexpendable. I must admit, though, I didn’t avoid sending him all kinds of clear signals so he could awake to the notion I had no intent of removing him from my surface. I wanted him around as long as possible. I became fond of him and his presence. I guess he noticed it as I catched him out feeling less uncomfortable with each incursion to my zones. He was a real risk-taker, undoubtedly. I liked that about  him.

It took me by surprise when he disappeared in the same sudden way he had showed up. I felt the sorrow of getting back to my old life, once perfect, without him in it. I felt the void, the nonsense of not being basked again by him. I felt the fire heating up my organic pucker, the same one he provoked upon arrival. 

Sometimes when I look at my sun, I miss him. Sometimes, when I face the shadows, I mourn him with methane rains. Never before and never again have I had a visitor from the distant Earth. Being Idum-77, a deserted planet in the Begordian system, now means I am inhabited forever.

Cyndi Viscellino Huergo 2020©Todos los derechos reservados


No hay comentarios: